Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tale of Two Spatulas



One day while I was cooking a delicious Fajita dish with my girlfriend, who is extremely inexperienced in the kitchen, I needed a spatula to scrape the pan. My friend quickly placed a spatula in my hand – but not the kind I was thinking of. Instead, she handed me the kind you use to peel cookies off a sheet pan.

I looked at her like she was crazy and explained that I needed a spatula. Then we started to laugh, realizing that the item I wanted – and the item she handed me – were both called by the same name! Indeed, both spatula varieties are essential tools for the kitchen. No chef, experienced or not, should go without.

Happy Cooking! Mary

Send your questions about food, cooking and life in the kitchen to: hailmarys.inc@gmail.com

No comments: