Saturday, October 27, 2007

Grocery Shopping in Oklahoma




I recently went to Oklahoma to throw my girlfriend who is having a baby girl a baby shower. Being the LA Chef that I am I volunteered to cook for the event. I went to one of the only grocery stores in Oklahoma and bought ok produce, and frozen fish. As I pushed my cart up to the check out stand the woman asked paper or plastic. I said paper, and then realized none of their paper bags had handles!

Then as the clerk finished ringing my groceries, I heard her say $220 dollars. I couldn't believe my ears. What was I paying for? At whole foods in Los Angeles I could get it everything I bought, and better quality for around $120. Is the Midwest really that behind?

Happy Cooking, and I wish you better success shopping in the Midwest than I had!
Mary

No comments: