Thursday, September 6, 2007

The SanFrancisco Treat! Sourdough Bread.




Sourdough Bread is a gift from the bread gods. There is nothing better than to eat sourdough bread fresh from the oven. In Northern California they make the best bread in the world. When I was a girl I remember on vacation up North in Carmel my mom would come home from the grocery store and I would run in after her in hopes to rip open the bag of groceries... to get a morsel of that crunchy crust and that soft delicious insides. My mouth would water, and I would yearn for more.

As an adult I crave it, but I Crave it differently. For instance with Clam chowder, with Tuna Salad, in a grilled chhese, and I absolutely incorporate it anywhere I can in my cooking. I have traveled all over, andIn my opinion the best place to find it is in Northern California.
Happy Hunting,
mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite bread too. It's great with seafood or just on the side with any dinner. Plus hey, it's got protein, love that.